As we continue writing the chapters of our company’s history, we retain our unwavering commitment to finding a better way. We are proud printers, innovating all aspects of our business and the industry. We will continue to take the bold steps necessary to build our company, transform our industry and offer our clients the most powerful solutions in the global marketplace.Joel Quadracci Chairman, President & CEO
Quad/Graphics (NYSE: QUAD) is a leading global provider of print and media solutions, that is redefining print in today’s multichannel media world by helping marketers and publishers capitalize on print’s ability to complement and connect with other media channels.
Headquartered in Sussex, Wisconsin (just west of Milwaukee), our company has approximately 24,000 full-time equivalent employees working from more than 70 print-production facilities throughout North America, South America and Europe. With consultative ideas, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics has the resources and knowledge to help a wide variety of clients in distinct vertical industries, including but not limited to retail, publishing, insurance, financial and healthcare. The Company helps clients perform better in today’s rapidly changing world through innovative solutions that improve efficiencies, reduce costs, lift response and increase revenue.
Quad/Graphics remains focused on five primary strategic goals that support its objective to transform the Company and drive performance through innovation. The Company believes these goals will allow it to be successful despite ongoing industry challenges.
- Strengthen the Core print categories of retail inserts, publications, catalogs, books and directories, which generate a significant amount of Free Cash Flow to support other growth opportunities.
- Grow the Business Profitably through ongoing innovation, organic growth and disciplined acquisitions that expand our business into new product categories and geographies, transform an existing product line, or create value-driven industry consolidation.
- Walk in the Shoes of Our Clients using a collaborative approach to understand and anticipate their needs, and then deliver solutions that help them achieve their business objectives.
- Engage Employees in our brand promise and the company culture as we work together to find a better way.
- Enhance Financial Strength and Create Shareholder Value by continuing to focus on maximizing earnings and Free Cash Flow, maintaining consistent financial policies to ensure a strong balance sheet and liquidity levels, and retaining the financial flexibility we need to strategically allocate and deploy capital.
Quad/Graphics believes our success is fueled by a number of key competitive advantages, including
- an efficient, flexible and modern manufacturing platform;
- leading mailing and distribution capabilities;
- a commitment to ongoing innovation, rapid adoption of technology and integration of new media;
- a well-defined integration process;
- a client-centric approach;
- a disciplined and consistent financial approach; and
- a distinct corporate culture that empowers and engages employees to think and act like owners to drive business results.
The company believes that a disciplined approach for capital management and a strong balance sheet are critical to be able to invest in profitable growth opportunities and technological advances, thereby providing the highest return for shareholders. Management balances the use of cash between compelling investment opportunities, deleveraging the company’s balance sheet (through reduction in debt and pension obligations), and returns to shareholders (including a quarterly shareholder dividend).
For more information, please read our latest Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Data Provided by Thomson Reuters