Our integrated marketing platform is unique and enables our clients to strategically plan, produce, deploy, manage and measure their marketing content across traditional and digital channels. By having a fully integrated offering, we reduce complexity, improve process efficiencies and enhance marketing spend effectiveness for our clients.Joel Quadracci Chairman, President & CEO
Quad/Graphics (NYSE:QUAD) is a leading marketing solutions provider. The Company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad has the resources and knowledge to help a wide variety of clients in multiple vertical industries, including retail, publishing and healthcare. Quad/Graphics provides a diverse range of digital and print and related products, services and solutions from multiple locations throughout North America, South America and Europe, and strategic partnerships in Asia and other parts of the world. Headquartered in Sussex, Wisconsin (just west of Milwaukee), the Company has approximately 21,000 full-time equivalent employees and serves a diverse base of approximately 6,900 clients.
The Company is on a transformative journey that it describes in evolutions. Each new evolution expands the Company's offerings and creates enhanced value for its clients.
Quad 1.0 covered a period of tremendous organic growth that began with its founding in 1971 and concluded in 2010. During this 40-year period, the Company grew rapidly through greenfield growth, built a premier manufacturing and distribution platform equipped with the latest technology, established its reputation as one of the industry's foremost innovators and created a Company culture based on strong values that remains in place today.
Quad 2.0 began in 2010 and relates to Quad/Graphics' role as a disciplined industry consolidator. Quad/Graphics saw an opportunity to participate in industry consolidation in response to economic and industry pressures following the Great Recession of 2008 and 2009, which severely impacted print volumes. Through a series of consolidating acquisitions, the Company was able to enhance and expand its product offerings, while removing inefficient and underutilized capacity, pulling out costs and transitioning work to more efficient facilities.
Quad 3.0 evolved when the seismic shifts in today's multichannel marketing environment provided the opportunity for Quad/Graphics to expand its offering in marketing services to create greater value for its clients in two distinct ways:
• The Company will continue to leverage its strong print foundation and expand its global integrated marketing platform to help brand owners create, integrate, deploy and measure content more efficiently and effectively.
• To fuel Quad 3.0, the Company is supported by an engaged workforce with the latest in manufacturing technology to drive continued productivity improvements. The Company believes this will strengthen its core manufacturing platform to be the strongest and most sustainable platform in the industry, with the goal of remaining the industry's high-quality, low-cost producer.
Quad/Graphics remains focused on five primary strategic goals that support its objective to transform the Company and drive performance through innovation. The Company believes these goals will allow it to be successful despite ongoing industry challenges.
- Walk in the Shoes of Our Clients using a collaborative approach to understand and anticipate their needs, and then deliver solutions that help them achieve their business objectives.
- Grow the Business Profitably through ongoing innovation and investment to integrate offline and online media, organic growth and disciplined acquisitions that expand the business into new product and service categories, create value-driven industry consolidation or accelerate the Company’s transformation in Quad 3.0.
- Strengthen the Core print categories of retail inserts, publications, catalogs, books and directories, which generate a significant amount of Free Cash Flow to support other growth opportunities.
- Engage Employees in our brand promise and the company culture as we work together to create a better way.
- Enhance Financial Strength and Create Shareholder Value by continuing to focus on maximizing net earnings, Free Cash Flow and operating margins; maintaining consistent financial policies to ensure a strong balance sheet, liquidity levels and access to capital; and retaining the financial flexibility needed to strategically allocate and deploy capital as circumstances change.
For more information, please read the Company’s latest Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Data Provided by Thomson Reuters